Haiti - Elections : Jude Célestin boycotts the invitation of the CEP - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 2026-2027 Electoral Calendar, latest official version





Industry Week 2026 in Haiti

CEP : Exchange session with political actors regarding the electoral process

Haiti's Customs : New class of 68 customs agents

Recruitment of court clerks : The CSC/CA completes the first phase of evaluations

CFU Challenge Series : The Grenadiers' technical team is 100% Haitian


more news


Haiti - News : Zapping...

Haiti - Economy : Installation of the new Board of the BRH

Haiti - USA : First ICE deportation flight to Haiti since the end of TPS

Haiti - FLASH : Draw for campaign numbers assigned to political parties and groups (List)

Haiti - Leisure : Did you know ? #52


more news


Haiti - Elections : Jude Célestin boycotts the invitation of the CEP
02/12/2015 08:36:26

Haiti - Elections : Jude Célestin boycotts the invitation of the CEP

The two candidates for the Presidency qualified for the 2nd round, Jude Célestin of the Alternative League for the Emancipation and Progress of Haiti (LAPEH) and Jovenel Moïse of the Haitian Tet Kale Party (PHTK) had been invited this Wednesday, December 2 by Pierre Louis Opont, President of the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) to a working session to the CEP, around the preparations for the second round of presidential elections.

However, Jude Célestin decided to boycott this invitation and explained the why in a letter dated Monday, addressed to Pierre-Louis Opont:

Text of the Letter of Jude Célestin :

"[...]

Mr. President of the CEP,

I have the advantage to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence of November 27, 2015 in which you invite me to participate in your office to a meeting with "the other candidate admitted to the second round," Wednesday, December 2 at 11:00 in the morning

I noted with some interest the points to be discussed at this meeting, for the reason they join partly my concern and that of the Group of 8 I belong, including :

1. "the current situation" which refers to the requirement of the establishment of an independent entity, being understood the illogic that the CEP would consider to evaluate itself through an internal commission;

2. "the corrective measures to bring to the said process", joining our concern widely expressed to clean up the electoral environment for possible balanced pursuit of the process;

3. "the preparatory steps in the second round", implying a possible and logical revision of the calendar, especially as the final results of the elections of 25 October are not yet published in full.

In a mutual understanding of our desire to carry out the said process, I ask you to understand that it is necessary to take the time required for the preparation and sharing of a clear and specific framework that will allow us to achieve the common objective of ensuring in transparency and honesty the continuation of electoral process. In this regard, I assure you of my readiness to respond to any other rendezvous at a later date after consultation between us.

Please accept, Mr. President, the assurances of my patriotic consideration.

Jude Celestin

Presidential candidate LAPEH"

HL/ HaitiLIbre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com