Haiti - FLASH : Back to School, assistance measures and promises of President Moïse - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
 Download the revised decree and electoral calendar, published in the official journal





223rd of the flag, Message from the Consul of Haiti in Santiago, DR

Two Haitians return to Haiti after encountering difficulties in Turkey and Malaysia (video)

iciHaïti - 223rd Flag : The Youth Parade, Living Memory of the Bicolor

A delegation from Swiss Cooperation in South, Haiti

Registrations open : Launch of 3 national competitions


more news


Zapping Haiti of May 19, 2026

223rd Anniversary of the Haitian Flag : Message from former Ambassador Bocchit Edmond

Celebration of the 223rd anniversary of the flag at the Haitian Embassy in Paris

223rd Anniversary of the Haitian Flag and University Day

Zapping Haiti of May 18, 2026


more news


Haiti - FLASH : Back to School, assistance measures and promises of President Moïse
11/08/2018 09:42:18

Haiti - FLASH : Back to School, assistance measures and promises of President Moïse

This week, at the presentation ceremony at the National Palace, the appointed Prime Minister, Jean Henry Céant, President Jovenel Moïse took the opportunity to reassure parents and students by announcing a series of assistance measures for back to school, scheduled for September 3rd.

"Subsidies will be provided to parents of kindergarten children, from working-popular neighborhoods and to community and presbyteral schools," said President Moïse adding, "to meet the challenges of the new school year, my administration will provide assistance to State employees. It will be 100% for a monthly salary of 25,000 gourdes, less, 50% for a salary of 25,001 to 46,000 gourdes and 25% for wages over 46,000 gourdes."

Moïse recalled that the State had already ordered 100,000 school uniforms, 220,000 school kits, 12,000 benches and that it would subsidize 1.5 million schoolbooks and buy 400,000 (endowments (dotation)) for the national schools, ensuring that instructions had been given to the resigning Minister of National Education, Cadet, to make available before September 3 all these subsidized and endowed school books

The Head of State also promised that "The school canteen program will be strengthened. He will integrate more children."

In addition, Meniol Jeune, the Director General of the Ministry of National Education, said on the radio of the capital, that more than 50 million gourdes were available in the budget of his Ministry to subsidize some parents who according to their file, could receive a lump sum up to 20,000 Gourdes as accompaniment at the start of school.

See also :

https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-25183-haiti-politic-presentation-of-the-prime-minister-appointed-to-the-national-palace.html

S/ HaitiLibre



Twitter Facebook Rss
Send news to... Daily news...




Why HaitiLibre ? | Contact us | Français
Copyright © 2010 - 2026
Haitilibre.com